The Lantern is currently open, with restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For information on programs offered through Ruah Counselling Centre, visit the Ruah website.
The Lantern Events 2021 – St. John’s
Date/ Day/Program / Event/ Time
SAMPLE – PLEASE CONFIRM SCHEDULE AT EVENTS-AT-THE-LANTERN
6 Jan – Wednesday
- East End Aikido 5:00 pm
- The 12 Steps: A Spiritual Journey 7:30 pm
- To Register or ask questions, e-mail facilitator Ron Pellerin at email@example.com
7 Jan – Thursday
- Back to Basics 7:30 pm AA
8 Jan – Friday
- Music Heals the Soul 7:00 pm
- Pathways to Better Days – PTSD Peer Support Group
10 Jan – Sunday
- International House of Restoration 11:00 am
11 Jan – Monday
12 Jan – Tuesday
- Centered Mornings 8:00 am to 8:30 am -meditation in a small group session
- Register by emailing David at firstname.lastname@example.org FREE and open for all.
- The Redemptorist Adult Faith Formation Team RAFFT
- The Gathering Place Kindness Closet – Donations Drop-Off 9:00 am-Noon
- Pathways to Better Days 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm FREE
- PTSD Peer Support Group – St. John’s, NL
Monday Night Mindfulness Practice – Sitting and Walking meditation
Arrive around 7:00 pm for a 7:15 pm start. Lantern and Zoom Discussion until 8:45 pm.
Newcomers: e-mail email@example.com to arrange to meet earlier for meditation instruction.
NOTE – Online Mindfulness Practice Sessions Throughout the Week – Since the start of Covid, there are four practice sessions per week, open to the public, at no charge. One is in-person and by Zoom – see above Monday Night at The Lantern
Zoom ONLY at the following times: WEDNESDAY: NOON TO 12:30 pm and 7:00 to 8:00 pm; FRIDAY Noon to 12:45 pm
There is no fee. Contributions towards seats in mindfulness workshops are gratefully accepted.
The Lantern is currently open and taking bookings for programs and events which are permitted under the Provincial Public Health Protocols.