Date updated: October 6, 2020
We are updating this almost daily. Please check back often
Updated October 6, 2020 8:59am
Our Office is OPEN for inquiries but still closed to the public.
Hours: Monday to Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm.
Click here to contact us
Latest info- please scroll down to information also sorted by topics:
Seniors eligible for the OAS/GIS: do NOT give your personal/banking info to anyone claiming to be from Service Canada and offering to sign you up for the one-time special payment. You do not need to apply for this payment.More: ow.ly/aMwP50zPof0
- The Canada Revenue Agency announces an extension to the payment deadline and offers interest relief on outstanding tax debts during the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19: Resources for seniors and their caregivers
- Prime Minister Announces Additional Supports for Canadian Seniors
- Prime Minister announces supports for Canadians with disabilities to address challenges from COVID-19
- World Health Organization COVID-19 Myth Busters
- COVID-19: Managing financial health in challenging times- Government of Canada
- How to Use and Wear a Mask- YouTube demonstration from Government of NL
- Places to Buy Face Cloth Masks in NL
- Gov of Canada: Non-medical masks and face coverings
- COVID-19 related Tops 10 Scams and Frauds
- 5 Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 Related Fraud and Scams.
- Chief Medical Officer of Health Announces Plan for Living with COVID-19 in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Provincial Government official COVID-19 information
- 811 Health Line
- 811 COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool
- Government of Canada official COVID-19 information
- Public Health Agency of Canada
Information listed below is by topic, Finance, Food, Health, Mental Health and in alphabetical order.
Community Food Helpline Now Accessible by Calling 811
Access basic information about food programs in their community, including referrals to food banks and meal programs. Healthline operators can also refer callers who require additional support, such as help with an online grocery order or a meal delivery service.
People who are Deaf, hard of hearing, or have other communication disabilities, and who need support to access food, can reach out to the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of the Deaf by text or Video Relay Service, at the Deaf Connect Line at 709-699-7022.
The Neighborhood Good
These businesses are the heart of our community. Now more than ever, they need our support. As we adapt to online shopping, home delivery, and curbside pick-up, please support our local business community so that once this pandemic is over, we can all continue to thrive.
30-Day Medication Supply Update– easing away from the 30-day medication supply recommendation over the next two weeks
Coverage for COVID-19 Medical Services to Non-Insured Individuals
The Department of Health and Community Services is covering the cost of COVID-19 medical services for non-insured individuals, residing in NL, who do not meet the criteria for MCP coverage. This coverage extends to screening and treatment of any COVID-19 related symptoms or conditions including the need for hospitalization.
This measure will ensure no one will be discouraged from seeking screening or treatment for COVID-19 for financial reasons. This action will also further help to ensure the province contains the spread of the virus.
Prescription Delivery Service (excluding opiates such as methadone/suboxone)
Individuals looking to access prescription medication should be advised to initially contact their pharmacist as many will deliver.
To the extent this option may not be available, individuals should work with their pharmacist to determine if their prescription can be transferred to another pharmacy that does offer delivery service.
If neither of these options are workable and individuals have no other reasonable method to access their prescription medication due to self-isolation requirements or other health related concerns, individuals may contact the Department of Health and Community Services (HSC)medical transportation program for assistance. Individuals can reach HCS’ medical transportation program toll free at 1-833-729-6106.
CHANNAL Warm Line 1-855-753-2560
Mental Health Crisis Line 1-888-737-4668
Red Cross Help Line -1-800-863-6582