New and improved credits
- The Medical expense tax credit has been expanded to allow expenses related to service animals who are specially trained to perform specific tasks for a patient with a severe mental impairment that help the patient cope with the impairment.
- The Climate Action Incentive (CAI) payment can be claimed by eligible individuals who are residents of Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario or New Brunswick.
- View transactions and pay balances with MyCRA This app lets you view and pay your account balance with your Visa® Debit, Debit MasterCard®, or Interac® Online debit card, and by pre-authorized debit, and at any Canada Post outlet for a fee by generating a quick response (QR) code
- Email notifications (improved)
- Enhanced Services
CRA modernized telephone service with estimated wait times provided
- ReFILE –
- Mailing a paper 2018 Income tax package to your home
- Protect your account with email notifications
- Tax filing services for northern residents
- My Account redesign
- Pay taxes in person at Canada Post
- Express NOA (Notice of Assessment)
- File my Return – Eligible individuals with low or fixed income will be invited to file their income tax and benefit returns through an automated phone service.
- Auto-fill my return
Date last modified: 2019-01-22