News: May 4, 2020 12:35pm
Prescription Delivery Service (excluding opiates such as methadone/suboxone)
30 Day Medication Supply Update- May 4, 2020- Easing away from the 30-day medication supply recommendation over the next two weeks
The Newfoundland and Labrador Prescription Drug Program (NLPDP) provides financial assistance for the purchase of eligible prescription medications for those who reside in the province. There are five main plans under the program, including the 65+ Plus Plan (previously known as the Seniors Drug Subsidy Plan) . Qualifying applicants will be responsible for a co-payment depending on their income levels and drug costs or applicants will pay up front and seek reimbursement later. When calling applicants and card holders should have their MCP number available.
- To apply, an application form must be completed. Application forms are available at pharmacies or physician offices or by calling: NL Prescription Drug Program, Assessment Office, Stephenville 1-888-859-3535
- The Assessment office covers the eligibility for a specific cardholder
- Out-of-province drug coverage for beneficiaries of the program
- For questions about their drug card (e.g. lost), seniors can call
- The NLPDP Claims Processing office can be reached at Toll Free 1-888-724-7760
- reimbursement of prescription receipts (often Seniors need to pay up-front and send in the receipts)
- questions or difficulties associated with billing or payment process
- The Pharmaceutical Services, Department of Health and Community Services is responsible for operating the NLPDP on behalf of the government of NL. Toll Free 1-888-222-0533 or local Tel: 709-729–6507
- Pharmaceutical Services at the Department of Health is most often reached by FAX. Doctors or Pharmacist’s often FAX in requests for drug coverage (for eligible patients) at 1-709-729-2851
- Pharmaceutical Services handles general inquiries around drug eligibility or special authorization (including the Cystic Fibrosis and Growth Hormone programs).
- Call about Drug Eligibility for NLNPDP or need for Special Authorization Request Forms
- Or you can search the NLNPDP Drug product Database to see if a drug is eligible