Mount Pearl Seniors Independence Group receives support from the City of Mount Pearl and others to carry out Seniors -60 plus Recreation Activities (including the 60 plus fitness activities).
60 plus Activities (guitar jam session, mixed darts, friendship club, drop-in centre, crafts, crib games, and more). The groups ask a nominal fee of about $1 to 2 dollars per activity.
To participate in any of those fun and social activities, the Senior:
- must be a member of the Mount Pearl Seniors Independence Group
- Do not need to register for the activities
- must be 60+
- can be a Mount Pearl Resident or Non-Resident
60 plus Fitness Activities (swimming, walking, low-impact aerobics, shallow water fitness etc.)
- REGISTRATION is required and carried out by the City of Mount Pearl
- Mount Pearl Residents and Non-Residents are asked to register at specified dates early every season (see website)
- Cost: There is a price of $85 a person and $150 a couple to take part in these fitness activities.
Caregivers program is put on hold.
- For more information on our programs and services, contact the Mount Pearl Seniors Independence Group
748-6485; email: email@example.com
- There is often a print-friendly Link to a Seasonal flyer [of both types of activities] on the City of Mount Pearl Seniors Programs website