The Newfoundland Aboriginal Women’s Network strives to promote, enhance and encourage the health, social, educational,economic cultural, and political, well being of Aboriginal women within the Island portion of Newfoundland and Labrador.
NAWN is now located at the People of the Dawn Friendship Center satellite office in Stephenville. This satellite office holds a Senior’s Socia every week.
NAWN is affiliated with seven women’s groups in NL.
They carry out a wide variety of activities. Social activities may also include women and men and youth (intergenerational activities)
- Melgignat MiKmaq Women’s Group – Stephenville
- Exploit’s Native Women’s Association – Grand Falls-Windsor
- Corner Brook Aboriginal Women’s Association, Corner Brook
- Flat Bay-St. Teresa’s Native Women’s Association, St. Teresa’s
- Benoit’s Cove Native Women’s Associatio, Benoit’s Cove
- Indian Cove Women’s Circle, St. George’s
- St. John’s Aboriginal Women’s Circle
- and the Northern Peninsula and Northern Peninsula Group (NAWN)
The Newfoundland Aboriginal Women’s Network offers cultural sensitivity workshops to all service providers, stakeholders and/or organizations offering services and programs. This workshop is open to all groups free of charge. For more information or to book a workshop, please contact 643-1290 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: the website is under construction. Contact NAWN through Linda Wells, NAWN Executive Director, Newfoundland Aboriginal Women’s Network at 709-643-1290 or