Alarm System or Medical Alert System
An individual can summon help at any time of the day or night (even if they can’t speak). Lifeline also supplies systems that can increase independence and safety. There are 4 different types of personal help buttons:
- HomeSafe Emergency help at home by a push of the button
- AutoAlert Do you have a history, risk or fear of falling? This button monitors motion and movement to detect falls at home
- GoSafe Mobile Personal Help Button at home or on the go. For at-risk patients who want to remain active and independent.
- Lifeline with Wandering This feature is not available at this time.
- MedReady programmable medication dispensing device prompts the user to remove their pill or tablet according to the pre-programmed schedule and dosage. It sends a text or email to the caregiver if a dose is missed or if troubleshooting is needed. Now Available! Client MUST live in a cellular connection area
Lifeline is the only medical alarm company that has local representatives: is open for extended hours on EST time
1-800-387-8120 ext 7057 toll-free
Allan MacVicar, Lifeline Community Representative
Free home presentations may be available in your area to learn about Lifeline in the comfort of your home.
Caretrak enables independence with a direct connection to the senior’s care contact or the 24/7 emergency response centre where and when it’s needed. Fall detection is also available.
Caretrak offers two response options:
- Family Response
- Emergency Response
Caretrak Family Response can be used for less urgent concerns such as a minor injury or being lost – situations where emergency 911 assistance isn’t immediately required. A two-way call is made where the senior can speak directly with their Chosen caregiver. The GPS location is sent via text/email alerts to primary and multiple care contact(s). With inbound check-in calling, anyone can call the unit keeping everyone connected (family response option only). The device is assigned a unique phone number.
1-855-333-3381 Toll free
Caretrak Emergency Response provides 24-hour medical alert service by a certified emergency response centre. In an emergency, ambulance and emergency responders will be contacted. At the same time, multiple care contacts are notified via text/email alerts. Contact(s) on this profile will be notified by phone in an emergency.
Check out the “How it Works” video at caretrak.ca
There are two devices available: Mobile Alert (Pendant) and the NEW SOS Watch (the same as the pendant, but can have up to 10 contacts programmed into the watch)
Telephone toll-free: 1-877-801-7172 (mobile alarms setup)
Mobile medical alert device with auto fall detection:
- Works everywhere not just at home and uses every mobile network in Canada
- During an emergency and fall, the pendant calls or texts up to 6 emergency contacts one by one (including 911)
- Is a SMART talking device with a speakerphone and microphone and “talks” to you during an emergency
- Text has a link to Google maps showing the pendant user is located (within two meters)
- No monthly monitoring fees ever and unlimited emergency calls texts
- No NL representative, but no set-up required
- Set up and program the device with the client’s contacts so it is ready to go when it is received (ready to wear)
- Does not require a mobile or landline phone
Watch a Video of their Devices https://www.livelifealarms.ca/videos/