5 Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 Related Fraud and Scams.
- Never click on links or attachments in unsolicited or suspicious emails
- Never give out your personal or financial information by email, text or phone
- Note that financial institutions like your bank will never ask you to give personal, login or account information by text or email.
- When banking online, enter your financial information institution’s website address in your browser yourself.
- If you have concerns call your bank, insurance company, etc directly to ask if they sent anything to you.
Remember that if you didn’t initiate contact with a person or a business, you don’t know who you are dealing with.
The Canadian Anti-fraud Centre has more information on scams and tips related to COVID-19 to help protect yourself from fraud.