The Newfoundland Aboriginal Women’s Network works to promote and enhance the health, social, educational, economic, cultural, and political, well-being of Aboriginal women within the Island portion of NL.
The Newfoundland Aboriginal Women’s Network offers:
- Culturally-based violence awareness, prevention and healing programs
- Promotes leadership and skills development through free training and workshops
- NAWN is located at the People of the Dawn Friendship Center satellite office in Stephenville. This satellite office holds a [Senior’s Social] every week.
- NEW Indigenous Community Navigator (ICN) – assists people who are homeless or on the verge of homelessness in navigating the current services in place to attain financial assistance and permanent housing
- Free mental health support
- NAWN is affiliated with SIX affiliate Indigenous women’s associations
- They carry out a wide variety of activities with senior women in attendance.
- Social activities may also include intergenerational activities
NAWN is affiliated with six women’s groups in NL.
- Melgignat MiKmaq Women’s Group
- Corner Brook Aboriginal Women’s Association
- Flat Bay-St. Teresa’s Native Women’s Association
- Benoit’s Cove Native Women’s Association
- Indian Cove Women’s Circle
- members at Large
Contact NAWN through Newfoundland Aboriginal Women’s Network at 709-643-4563