Date updated: December 11, 2017
OBJECTIVES OF THE FEDERATION
The Newfoundland and Labrador 50+ Federation Inc. is an organization devoted
entirely to the welfare and best interests of the province’s older person.
1. To promote and establish and foster Seniors Centres (called Clubs or Groups)
throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
2. To provide education for persons in the retired and senior citizens age group and
other individuals interested in aging and the status and well being of seniors.
3. To reach out to seniors who are lonely, isolated, or at risk.
4. To provide programs which promote healthy and active lifestyles for seniors, thus
sustaining mental and physical health.
5. To assist in developing the knowledge that seniors should learn during their
aging process, through promotion of educational experiences.
6. To research the aging process, and any problems and benefits pertaining to the
aged that might be of interest to the Federation, and to use the knowledge
gained from that research to educate seniors and any other party or parties who
are, or might become, interested in these concerns.
7. To provide opportunities for seniors to utilize their volunteer and leadership skills
for the benefit of all persons.
8. To consult with other private organizations which offer similar services in order to
gather any educational information that will add to knowledge and be of use to
seniors and the public.